Welcome to Dyke House Academy Sixth Form
Moving on to the Sixth Form is the next step in your learning journey towards your aspirations in education or a career. Choosing the Sixth Form at Dyke House Academy helps prepare you for that future, we will support, guide and challenge you to be the best that you can be and make your future aspirations a reality.
We seek to achieve great things in our Sixth Form at Dyke House and we are confident that we can find the right route to suit you by the range of courses and expert guidance on offer. Becoming a Sixth Form student brings a range of opportunities to achieve, not just academically. Students at Dyke House Sixth Form give this time in school a real community feel, both Year 12 and Year 13 are integrated allowing friendships and support to be formed.
You will have the chance to become a senior student, leading on charity, social and extra-curricular events that help you become well-rounded young adults.
This is a really exciting time, you are making a series of important choices now that could change your life. You will need dedication and commitment and we will be working with you so that you can make the most of your time with us and the opportunities on offer. We look forward to welcoming you.
Continuing your learning journey within the Sixth Form at Dyke House Academy entails a wealth of opportunities and support as you take your next steps towards your future aspirations. Throughout your time at the Sixth Form at Dyke House we seek to encourage your development, both personally and academically, and offer guidance so that you may leave us as a qualified, independent and passionate individual.
Whether you are an existing Dyke House Academy student, a student joining us from within the Northern Education Trust, or a student embracing the Northern Education Trust as part of your learning journey, you will be joining a community that holds students at the centre of everything we do. Such a community will support you beyond your time within the Sixth Form and strives for your success, whatever your future aspirations as our sixth form is built upon the foundations of our vision and ethos: ‘Outcomes Focused, Child Centred’. We look forward to both welcoming you and celebrating your success within the Sixth Form at Dyke House Academy.
Head of Sixth Form
Our Vision and Values
We constantly focus on standards as we understand outcomes are paramount. Our decision making is driven entirely by what is best for children. By doing this we enhance the life chances of the children and young people in our care.
The 10 values which underpin our vision:
- We care passionately about the education and welfare of young people
- We believe that all young people, irrespective of background or ability will be successful in our Trust
- We are not and will never be selective. We believe that local schools are for all children
- We are always inclusive. Our mechanisms to support the most vulnerable child to succeed and overcome barriers to learning are a key aspect of our work
- Our approach to education recognises that outcomes are paramount and also allows children to gain experiences and values which prepare them fully for life in modern Britain. This includes workplace skills and appropriate advice for future progression
- We have high expectations of behaviour
- We adopt the local authority admissions protocol and work closely with them
- We would always wish to act in such a way that has a positive effect on a neighbouring school or community. We care passionately about children in all schools, not just our own
- That all employees act with integrity and embrace the value that ‘we are the Trust’
- We work regionally and nationally to develop approaches to MAT improvement that influence the wider school-led system